Bantega and surrounding areas have many things to offer for shorter and longer (day) trips. Here you find a selection of the many possibilities.
Excursions by car
A beautiful drive to enjoy the IJsselmeer, magnificent water birds and pittoresque villages and towns: start in Bantega, Lemmer, Oudemirdum, Mirns, Rode Klif, Laaksum, Stavoren, Hindeloopen, Workum and back again via Balk and Lemmer. This trip can easily be combined with a visit to the pittoresque town of Sloten. Parking is on the outskirts of Sloten near the water front.
• the ir. D.F. Woudagemaal (=steam pumping station) in Lemmer, part of our national heritage
• museum Belvedere in Heerenveen, modern art
• Fries Scheepvaart Museum museum in Sneek
• Jopie Huisman museum in Workum
• Bataviawerf (shipbuilding yard) in Lelystad. Can be combined with some shopping in the “Fashion outlet”.
• worth the trip … a visit to the Planetarium Eise Eisinga in Franeker.
Walking and cycling
• In Ossenzijl, walking, cycling or cruising (on a “whispering” boat”) through the National Park ‘de Weerribben’. Very much recommended
• Short walk along the Tjeukemeer, splendid view
• Longer walk near the “Rottige Meente” (=nature reserve)
• Large walking area to be found in the Kuinderbos (=forest)
• There are many opportunities for longer or shorter walking and/or cycling tours. In all of Friesland you’ll find the signs for the cycling “nodes” network. The walking “nodes” network is almost complete.
• Around Bantega you will find the “Flevoroute”, “Zuiderzeepad”, “Tjongerroute”, “Pieperpad”, “9 pontjes route” (= 9 ferries route).
• Visit (also on Sundays) the Orchideënhoeve (=Orchid farm) in Luttelgeest (near Emmeloord), including a beautiful butterfly garden.
• Production site of Weduwe Joustra Beerenburg in Sneek (Beerenburg = typical Frisian herbal drink)
• IJsstadion Thialf in Heerenveen (=Ice skating)
• Sauna Woudfennen in Joure
• In the B&B you can borrow additional information, brochures, roadmaps, walking and cycling maps, for various activities or visits in Lemmer and surroundings
• In case of bad weather, there is the indoor-playground for children “Ballorig” in Heerenveen, Pim Mulierlaan 51.
• A day trip to the indoor swim paradise “Swimfun” in Joure.
• Make a fun trip, with a group, on the well known “Solex” (=old, light moped), in Sloten.
• Playing golf in Oudemirdum (nature golfcourse) or in St. Nicolaasga.
• Interesting visit for children to the “Kameleon” village of Terherne (location of famous Dutch children’s books).
• “Ooievaarstation” Spanga (=storks). To be visited during the period May to August, Mondays- Saturdays, 11:00-17:00 hrs.
• Fun to visit are the “ballonfeesten” (= balloon festival) in Joure, every year in July. To try yourselves?